API is an acronym for Application Programming Interface.It enables communication and data exchange between two separate software systems. A software system implementing an API contains functions/subroutines which can be executed by another software system.
API testing is entirely different from GUI testing and mainly concentrates on the business logic layer of the software architecture. This testing won't concentrate on the look and feel of an application. Instead of using standard user inputs(keyboard) and outputs, in API Testing, you use software to send calls to the API, get output, and note down the system's response.
API Testing requires an application to interact with API. In order to test an API, you will need to:-
- Use Testing Tool to drive the API
- Write your own code to test the API
- Automation: with APIs, computers rather than people can manage the work. Through APIs, agencies can update workflows to make them quicker and more productive.
- Application: because APIs can access the app components, the delivery of services and information is more flexible,
More scope: with an API an application layer can be created which can be used to distribute information and services to new audiences which can be personalized to create custom user experiences.
- New data available: an API allows all of the information generated at the government level to be available to every citizen, not just a select few.
- Efficiency: when access is provided to an API, the content generated can be published automatically and is available for every channel. It allows it to be shared and distributed more easily.
- Integration: APIs allow content to be embedded from any site or application more easily. This guarantees more fluid information delivery and an integrated user experience.
- Personalization: through APIs any user or company can customize the content and services that they use the most.
- Adaptation: needs change over time and APIs help to anticipate changes. When working with this technology, data migration is supported better, and the information is reviewed more closely. In short, APIs make service provision more flexible.
Arrange Systems has a great talent for complete life cycle of API Management - planning, design, implementation, testing, publication, operation, consumption, maintenance and retirement of APIs.
Tools that our Pro.Services and Innovations team primarily uses are: Microsoft, IBM, SOAPUI, POSTMAN, SAP, VSTS, and Jenkins
BUSINESS IMPACT WITH APIS:
Integration and APIs are designed to make life easier. There will be more intelligent systems ingesting data in real time. With AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning needs are growing API becomes a useful tool to integrate heterogeneous systems
OUR R&D LAB IS EXPLORING ON THE BELOW:
- Enable automation and artificial intelligence (AI)
- connecting with microservices
- Self-Service, Low code, no code APIs
- Self-defining and self-healing integration